About Your Visit
The Meadowbrook Endoscopy Center, is a free-standing ambulatory surgery center that is conveniently-located on Merrick Avenue in Westbury across from Eisenhower Park. It is an ultra-modern state of the art facility providing colorectal cancer screening and testing and related services by a dedicated team of skilled doctors and Registered Nurses, technicians and administrative personnel. Our patient oriented approach is focused on keeping you well informed and reducing your stress and eliminating any apprehension. The following sections provides you with instructions to prepare for your visit. Any questions regarding this material can be directed to the administrative staff and/or nurses by calling 516-542-3636.
- The following forms can be completed on line and then submitted on line prior to your appointment date.
- In addition, they can also be downloaded and printed, completed by hand and then faxed to the Center prior to your appointment. Fax: 516-222-8212.
TWO DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE… Two days prior to your procedure you will be contacted by a nurse who will review the following instructions as well.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before your surgery. The is includes water and chewing gum.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the facility. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home.
- A responsible adult should escort you home.
- Prepare your clothing and personal items. – Wear something loose, comfortable and easily removed.
- Do not bring anything of value with you, leave your jewelry at home.
- You will need to bring photo ID, insurance cards and any copayments with you.
- Contact lenses may not be worn during procedure.
- Do not wear makeup.
- Bring medical aids such as hearing aids, crutches, walkers, and/or CPAP.
The Day of Your Procedure…
Please arrive at the Center at your scheduled arrival time. You will be required to review and sign documents, so please bring your reading glasses if necessary.
After Your Procedure…
You will receive specific instructions verbally and in writing after your procedure. If you are unclear about anything you should or should not do, you should contact your doctor’s office for clarification.
Patients may not drive, operate machinery, or drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours after the procedure.
Our facility offers pre-procedure tours prior to your appointment to help alleviate any possible anxiety.
Please contact the Center directly to schedule an appointment.
In an ongoing effort to educate our patients, Meadowbrook Endoscopy Center will provide the
following information prior to the day of surgery:
- Advance Directives
- Grievance Process
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Meadowbrook Endoscopy Center accepts most insurances including Medicaid and Medicare adhering to all insurance rules regarding minimums and copayments. Meadowbrook Endoscopy believes no one should ever be denied this life-saving testing because they cannot afford it! No one is ever turned away because they do not have medical insurance. We provide free tests to those who are uninsured!