For the past five years, Meadowbrook Endoscopy Center has provided colorectal cancer screening and testing performed by a dedicated team of skilled doctors and Registered Nurses. We deeply appreciate the trust and confidence our referring physicians have shown in the Center and staff through their continued patient referrals. By working together, those referrals and screenings have helped save the lives of countless men and women in Nassau County.
The Facts are Overwhelming
- Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States… with 150,000 cases diagnosed each year…. and 50,000 lives lost!
- Colorectal cancer is highly preventable; can be detected by testing even before there are symptoms.
- Health experts agree that all men and women over 50 or those under 50 with a family history should be tested.
Meadowbrook Endoscopy Center has embarked on an extensive community outreach program to reach more doctors and patients to educate them on the need for colorectal cancer screening. These efforts include:
- A brochure produced by the Center which will be distributed by doctors to their patients to urge them to be screened.
- Outreach to doctors in our catchment area to provide information on the Center and its services.
- Outreach to churches and community groups to educate their members on the benefits of colorectal cancer screening and testing.
- The hiring of a Community Service Coordinator to direct our outreach efforts and bring the message of colorectal cancer screening and testing to the members of the community.
- Emphasis on contacting underserved minority and low income communities where rates of colorectal cancer screening is much lower than the general population and incidents of colorectal cancer much higher.
- Making our services available to all local residents by accepting all insurance including Medicare and Medicaid and also non-insured patients.
No one should be denied colorectal cancer screening and testing because they do not have medical insurance.. We will accept your noninsured patients for screening and testing.
In addition, we are always working to improve our services to doctors and their patients as we go forward. Our goal is to maintain a patient focused and physician friendly center serving the needs of referring doctors and their patients.
Need assistance? Call us today at 516.542.ENDO (3636)
On behalf of the doctors and registered nurses of the Meadowbrook Endoscopy Center we appreciate your patient referrals and look forward to working with you on the community outreach effort.
Please contact us directly. We would be happy to discuss the consultation prior to the patient visit. We strive to schedule patients the same day for urgent consults or within one week for non urgent consults.
865 Merrick Avenue, Suite 150N
Westbury, New York 11590
Monday – Friday
6:30am – 5:00pm